Saturday, July 14, 2007

I like this

5 ways to test a social network for relevancy


Posted in: Business, Web 2.0


Twitter.StumbleUpon.MyBlogLog.LinkedIn.MySpace.Facebook.blah.blah.blah.


The more social networks I see, the more I am convinced they are becoming irrelevant to really adding value.


How many fads can you be a part of? Just how many virtual friends do you need to have?


I for one believe that we are in the “Third Age” of Social
Networking where we are being inundated with niche sites (Twitter,
LinkedIn) along with new technology mega sites (i.e. facebook).


So how do judge whether to use something or not? I have 5 easy ways to test this out.


1.) Does it add value to my business or personal life?

2.) Am I just moving the same group of friends to yet another network or will this add to my “virtual friend list”?

3.) What additional functionality does this add to my productivity?

4.) Does this site have a purpose or meaning that I can identify with?

5.) Does this site have functionality that might work with other applications or social networks I belong to?


If you can’t get 4 or 5 out of 5, sign up.

If you get 3 out 5, it is your time to waste. 2 and below?

You are stupid and it should waste your time.


I am gonna start looking at some social networks to see if they add
value to an entrepreneur’s world. Wanna help? Suggest some networks
that you like and seem to help you.


Tags: 


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: